• Is your certificate accepted by vendor credentialing services?
Yes, they are accepted by Reptrax, VendorMate and VCS. All of our courses comply with AORN, AHA, Red Cross, HHS, JCAHO, OSHA and ILCOR guidelines as required by hospitals and other healthcare providers that utilize all the major vendor credentialing services and other vendor credentialing services.
• Why does each staff member need their own login in a multi-user account?
An online service that would allow different staff members to log in under the same username and simply change the name to be printed on the certificate would probably not pass a compliance audit. Having different usernames and passwords proves that effort was taken to ensure that ALL individuals reviewed the material, took the test and, therefore, have no excuse for not following procedures.
• Why do you only charge $20 when most other HIPAA training companies charge $75 - $200? Is yours just as good?
Yes, our HIPAA training course is every bit as good and we give you a no-risk money back guarantee just to prove it. There are several reasons why we are less expensive: we have been doing this longer than most other companies and have paid off our development costs; we don't employ sales and marketing people - all our growth is word of mouth and repeat business; we are small business based out of Colorado that does not have an "upper-management" - even our owners spend all day programming, answering the phones and returning emails.
• How long do I have to complete the training?
Indefinitely! You always have access to the training material and you can take the test as many times as you need to until you pass it successfully. There is no time limit! Once you pass the test you can always return to the My Profile link to print your certificate.
• Do you offer CEUs and who accredits them?
HIPAA Exams, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. There is no such things as 'self accredited' which you see on other sites.
• Can I upload my employee from excel?
Yes, your employees can be uploaded in bulk from excel.
• Can I setup courses as annual renewals and will you notify me and/or my staff when it's time to renew?
Yes, we automatically enter courses as annual requirements and will notify you and/or your staff 30 days before the renewal date. This feature can also be disabled.
• Do you offer a DVD or hard copy version of your training material?
No. Those types of training materials become obsolete and out of date the day they get shipped. We update all our online training material on an on-going basis. Missing updates could result in costly fines.
• Do your certificates expire?
Our certificates never "expire". However, you should review HIPAA updates regularly and modify implementation to maintain compliance. Most health care networks and credentialing services require annual review and testing.
• Are you certified by Health and Human Services to conduct HIPAA training?
No organization is certified, approved or authorized to conduct HIPAA training. HHS requests you report anyone making these claims. HIPAA trainers should be selected on their experience and knowledge.
• Are your certificates dated?