Faculty: Donna L Atherton RN, MSN, NP and Carol Pierini MA
Successful Completion: Complete entire module, complete the exam with a passing score of 80% or better, and complete the evaluation form
Estimated Time to Complete Activity: 60 minutes
CEUs: HIPAA Exams is authorized by IACET to offer 0.10 CEUs for this program. CEU Information
Broaden your knowledge of prevention of musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) in the workplace.
- Identify ergonomic problems in the workplace before they result in MSDs.
- Explain the major anatomical features of the body related to body mechanics.
- List guidelines for exercises that help to increase strength and flexibility to avoid injury.
Ergonomics and Risk Management
Table of Content:
- Ergonomics and Risk Management
- Legal Notice
- Purpose and Learning Objectives
- Target Audience
- Prevention of Musculoskeletal Disorders in the Workplace
- Prevention of Musculoskeletal Injuries
- The Spine
- End of Course Quiz
Course Content Example 1:
The word, ergonomics, comes from two Greek words: “ergon
” meaning work, and “nomos
” meaning laws.
Ergonomics covers all aspects of a job, from physical stresses it places on joints, muscles, nerves, tendons, bones, to environmental factors, which can affect hearing, vision, and general comfort and health.
Course Content Example 2:
Physical Stressors linked to ergonomic disorders:
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (cumulative trauma disorders) are caused by repetitive motions such as typing, that would not result in undue stress or harm if only performed once.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Injury (shoulder problem)
- Epicondylitis (elbow problem)
- Trigger finer
- Muscle strains and low back injuries
- Many others
- • Instant Certificate Of Completion Printing Upon Successful Completion Of Online Ergonomics and Risk Management Training Course
- • Free Retakes on Exam Until You Pass
- • Instant Access: 100% Online - Access 24/7 from Anywhere
- • No Recurring Fees