HIPAA for Business Associate Admins
Price Per Person
8 AM - 4 PM MST (M-F)
Faculty: Becca Kalivas, RN, MS
Ensure your knowledge of HIPAA Compliance including the Omnibus Final Rule updates to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 Privacy and Security Rules. This module details a Business Associates' responsibilities, business associate contracts, implementation and penalties for non-compliance.
Includes 2020/2021 Updates - ONC and CMS Final Rules
Course includes a video and audio component with stand-alone exam
Receive HIPAA Certification "Certificate of Completion" with successful completion
This demo video is a small example of this course’s content, it is not representative of the full course and the level of engagement required.
How to Purchase
To enroll in this course, simply add the number of users you need below and ADD TO CART. Follow the steps for CHECKOUT which will include registering your account.
- Describe the purpose of the HIPAA law
- Define the types of positions that fall under the Business Associates category
- Identify the changes int he Final Ominbus Rule and its impact on HIPAA legislation
- Recall what is required as a Business Associate, and how to implement the rules to ensure HIPAA compliance
This course is intended for business associate administrators and office managers who perform certain functions or activities that involve the use or disclosure of protected health information on behalf of, or provides services to, a covered entity.
Table of Contents
HIPAA for Business Associate Admins (HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Training)
Table of Contents:
- HIPAA for Business Associates Admins
- Legal Notice
- Purpose and Learning Objectives
- Target Audience and Conflicts of Interest
- Healthcare Regulations in the U.S.
- Healthcare Regulations in the U.S. Review of Terms
- HHS Regulations: HIPAA
- HHS Regulations: HIPAA Final Omnibus Rule
- HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
- Who Must Know and Abide by These Rules?
- Business Associate: Definition
- Business Associates: Services
- Business Associates: Examples
- Business Associates: HIPAA Compliance
- Business Associates Agreement
- HIPAA Privacy Rule
- HIPAA Privacy Rule: BA Safeguards
- HIPAA Privacy Rule: Protected Health Information
- HIPAA Privacy Rule: PHI Breach Notification
- HIPAA Privacy Rule: Patient Requests for PHI
- ONC Final Rule -2020/2021 Update
- CMS Final Rule - 2020/2021 Update
- HIPAA Privacy Rule: Marketing
- HIPAA Security Rule
- HIPAA Security Rule: Safeguards
- HIPAA Security Rule: Security Policy
- HHS Enforcement and Penalties for Breach
- HHS Enforcement and Penalties for Breach: Examples
- Recent Updates to HIPAA – Opioid Crisis
- Recent Updates to HIPAA – Cloud Computing
- Pearls to Help You Ensure HIPAA Compliance
- End of Course Exam
Course Content Example 1:
Business Associate: Definition
A Business Associate (BA) is a person or entity, other than a member of the workforce of a CE, who performs functions or actives on behalf of, or provides certain services to, a CE that involve access by the BA to PHI.
A Subcontractor of a BA that creates, receives, maintains, or transmits PHI on behalf of another BA is now considered to be a BA and must comply with all HIPAA rules.
BAs must now have a contact in place with their subcontractors and that contract must be a stringent as the one between BAs and CEs.
Course Content Example 2:
HHS Enforcement and Penalties for Breach
HHS Penalty Structure
- Changes in the HIPAA Final Rule, January 23, 2013, strengthen the HITECH Breach Notification requirements by clarifying when breaches of unsecured PHI must be reported to HHS.
- HHS is required to conduct a formal investigation and impose civil monetary penalties in cases involving willful neglect. Based on culpability, fines range from $100 to $50,000 per violation with a cap of $1.5 million on violations of identical provisions happening with the same calendar year.
Instant Certificate Of Completion Printing Upon Successful Completion Of HIPAA for Business Associate Admins
Free Retakes on Exam Until You Pass
Instant Access: 100% Online - Access 24/7 from Anywhere
No Recurring Fees