HIPAA for Human Resources Professionals
Price Per Person
|$ Call for $|
7 AM - 8 PM MST (M-F)
Faculty: Becca Kalivas, RN, MS
Successful Completion: Complete entire module, complete the exam with a passing score of 80% or better, and complete the evaluation form.
Estimated Time to Complete Activity: 60 minutes.
CEUs: HIPAA Exams is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program. CEU Information
Free Certification of Completion available instantly for download or printing upon successful completion.
This online HIPAA compliance training for human resource professionals and managers will ensure your knowledge and understanding of the important pieces of HIPAA standards and regulations.
This course is designed to help HR Professionals understand what HIPAA stands for; as well as, to ensure knowledge and understanding of compliance with HIPAA Privacy Rule, Security Rule, and Enforcement Rule.
Not having proper knowledge of the important pieces of HIPAA law can lead to major HIPAA violations for you and your company.
- 2021/2022 Updates
- ONC 21st Cures Act Final Rule and the CMS Final Rule
Course includes a video and audio component with stand-alone exam
Receive HIPAA Certification "Certificate of Completion" with successful completion
How to Purchase
To enroll in this course, simply add the number of users you need below and ADD TO CART. Follow the steps for CHECKOUT which will include registering your account.
This demo video is a small example of this course’s content, it is not representative of the full course and the level of engagement required.
- Describe how the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules ensure patients' privacy protections of their protected health information (PHI).
- Identify how to maintain compliance with the privacy and security rules in your job.
- Define what to do if you suspect a breach of PHI.
- Discuss access to PHI by unauthorized people.
- Recall how the "minimum necessary" amount of information is released for routing disclosures.
This course is intended for Human Resources Professionals and Managers; Plan Administrators, and Benefits Administrators who handle protected health information.
Table of Contents
HIPAA for Human Resource Professionals
(HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Training)
Table of Contents:
- Compliance with HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules for HR Professionals
- Legal Notice
- Purpose and Learning Objectives
- Target Audience
- Glossary of Terms to Help You Understand HIPAA
- What is HIPAA?
- Enforcement of HIPAA Violations
- The HIPAA Privacy Rule
- The HIPAA Security Rule
- HIPAA Compliance with Privacy and Security
- HIPAA Compliance in Human Resource
- Recent Updates to HIPAA – Cloud Computing
- HIPAA Compliance with Privacy and Security
- ONC Cures Act Final Rule & CMS Final Rule - 2021/2022 Update
- Pearls to Help You Ensure HIPAA Compliance in the Human Resources Department
- End of Course Exam
Course Content Example 1:
HIPAA Compliance in HR
Examples of Technical Safeguards
- In addition to password protected computers, ePHI (Electronic Personal Health Information) should be prohibited from leaving the facility on a laptop or any other electronic means unless a patient specifically requests ePHI be sent via external drive or CD.
- In this case, CEs and BAs should document the patients Request
- Policies should be implemented to record and examine all access to ePHI within the facility
- This should be checked often and if any actions have taken place outside the policy, the workforce should be notified
- Training must occur for all new members of the workforce regarding policies and procedures for technical safeguards
- If a breach occurs, the workforce should meet again to review problems and correct them
Course Content Example 2:
HIPAA Compliance with Privacy and Security
Employers and health information in the workplace
HR may ask employee for a doctor’s note or other information about his or her health if needed to administer sick leave, workers’ compensation wellness programs or health insurance.
- However, covered health care providers must have employee’s authorization in writing to disclose PHI to employer, unless law require them to do so
Instant Certificate Of Completion Printing Upon Successful Completion Of HIPAA for Human Resources Professionals
Free Retakes on Exam Until You Pass
Instant Access: 100% Online - Access 24/7 from Anywhere
No Recurring Fees
Train Anywhere, Anytime
Courses can be accessed from any internet device at anytime.