HIPAA for Mental Health Care Providers
Price Per Person
|$ Call for $|
7 AM - 8 PM MST (M-F)
Faculty: Becca Kalivas, RN, MS
Successful Completion: Complete entire module, complete the exam with a passing score of 80% or better, and complete the evaluation form.
Estimated Time to Complete Activity: 90 minutes.
CEUs: HIPAA Exams is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program. CEU Information
Free Certification of Completion available instantly for download or printing upon successful completion.
This course is for mental health professionals. It answers what HIPAA is; while, ensuring your knowledge and understanding of the important pieces of HIPAA law, such as HIPAA Privacy, HIPAA Security, and the Enforcement Rule for HIPAA violations.
Includes 2021/2022 Updates - ONC 21st Cures Act Final Rule and the CMS Final Rule
Course includes a video and audio component with stand-alone exam
Receive HIPAA Certification "Certificate of Completion" with successful completion
How to Purchase
To enroll in this course, simply add the number of users you need below and ADD TO CART. Follow the steps for CHECKOUT which will include registering your account.
This demo video is a small example of this course’s content, it is not representative of the full course and the level of engagement required.
- Define the purpose of HIPAA legislation
- Recognize and comply with the modifications in the HIPAA Final Rule
- Identify what is required to ensure compliance with the HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Rules in your practice
- Name safeguards to protect individually identifiable protected information
- List wasy to apply HIPAA law into his/her daily works as a Mental Health Professional
This course is intended for mental health care providers.
Table of Contents
HIPAA for Mental Health Care Providers
(HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Training)
Table of Contents:
- HIPAA Compliance for Mental Health Care Providers
- Legal Notice
- Purpose and Learning Objectives
- Target Audience
- Course Introduction
- Health Care Regulations in the United States
- What is HIPAA?
- HITECH and Omnibus Rule
- What Does HIPAA Mean to You?
- The HIPAA Privacy Rule
- ONC Cures Act and CMS Final Rule - 2021/2022 Update
- The HIPAA Security Rule
- Breach Notification Rule
- Breach Notification Rule Compliance
- Ensure HIPAA Compliance
- Penalty Structure for HIPAA Violations
- HIPAA Review of Terms
- Recent Updates to HIPAA
- End of Course Exam
Course Content Example 1:
HIPAA for Mental Health Care Providers: Course Introduction
With the increased penalties that were determined under the HITECH Act and the Omnibus Final Rule, it is now imperative that mental health care providers (MHCPs) who are considered covered entities (CEs), business associates (BAs), and subcontractors of BAs employ increased precautions.
A breach including mental health information or psychotherapy notes could cause signification harm to the person whose PHI is exposed.
The breach can also be costly to the CE in the form of increased civil penalties, possible criminal penalties, and damage to reputation.
This course discusses how the HIPAA Omnibus Final Rule impacts you, as a MHCP, and reviews what you must do to comply with HIPAA and avoid penalties.
Course Content Example 2:
What Does HIPAA Mean to You?
The HIPAA Omnibus Final Rule may affect your practice in many ways. The Final Rule mandates new standards and procedures within the Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Rules.
- As a MHCP, if you fall within one of the following CE categories, you must comply with HIPAA Rules:Health Care Providers: Any provider of medical or other health services, or supplies, who transmits any health information in electronic format in connection with a transaction where standard requirements are adopted
- Health Plans: Any individual or group plan that provides or pays the cost of health care
- Health Care Clearinghouses: A public or private entity that transforms health care transactions from one form to another
Instant Certificate Of Completion Printing Upon Successful Completion Of HIPAA for Mental Health Care Providers
Free Retakes on Exam Until You Pass
Instant Access: 100% Online - Access 24/7 from Anywhere
No Recurring Fees
Train Anywhere, Anytime
Courses can be accessed from any internet device at anytime.