Successful Completion: Complete entire module, complete the exam with a passing score of 80% or better, and complete the evaluation form
Estimated Time to Complete Activity: 60 minutes System Requirements
CEUs: HIPAA Exams is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.
The purpose of this educational, self-study training module is to ensure your knowledge of the current Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) standards to comply with Latex Allergy in health care facilities.
Course includes a video and audio component with stand-alone exam
- Explain the current OSHA Standard for Latex Allergy.
- Identify symptoms of a latex allergic reaction.
- List the products you may encounter in your work environment that can cause a latex allergic reaction.
Table of Contents:
- Latex Allergy: Standards to Comply with Latex Allergy
- Legal Notice
- Purpose and Learning Objectives
- Target Audience
- Course Introduction
- What is Latex?
- Products that May Contain Latex
- Types of Latex Allergy
- OSHA Healthcare Wide Hazard – Latex Allergy
- Workers at Risk for Developing Latex Allergy
- OSHA Management of Latex Allergy
- NIOSH Latex Allergy Recommendations
- Your Role in Latex Allergy Screening
- End of Course Exam
Course Content Example 1:
The Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) estimates that 8% to 10% of health care workers are latex sensitive with reactions ranging from irritant contact dermatitis and allergic contact sensitivity, to immediate, possibly life-threatening sensitivity.
Health care workers including nurses, physicians, aides, pharmacists, operating room employees, and laboratory technicians are routinely exposed to rubber gloves and other latex-containing medical devices.
This course will review the current OSHA and JC standards regarding latex allergy in the health care setting
- All of these health care workers are at high risk of developing a latex allergy!
Course Content Example 2:
Types of Latex Allergy
Type I: Latex Hypersensitivity
Serious and rare form of latex allergy causing severe, immediate reaction can be life-threatening. It can be triggered by exposure to airborne particles
- Sever itching
- Gastrointestinal Problems
- Instant Certificate Of Completion Printing Upon Successful Completion Of Latex Allergy
- Free Retakes on Exam Until You Pass
- Instant Access: 100% Online - Access 24/7 from Anywhere
- No Recurring Fees