Faculty: Donna L Atherton RN, MSN, NP and Carol Pierini MA
Successful Completion: Complete entire module, complete the exam with a passing score of 80% or better, and complete the evaluation form
Estimated Time to Complete Activity: 60 minutes
CEUs: HIPAA Exams is authorized by IACET to offer 0.10 CEUs for this program. CEU Information
Ensure your knowledge of the current Joint Commission (JC) Life Safety standard that complies with the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Life Safety Code®.
Course includes a video and audio component with stand-alone exam
- Explain the NFPA Life Safety Code and how it applies to health care facilities.
- Summarize the protection necessary to maintain a fire-safe environment.
Table of Contents:
- Life Safety: Joint Commission
- Legal Notice
- Purpose and Learning Objectives
- Course Introduction
- Life Safety Code® (NFPA 101)
- Life Safety Code® Compliance
- End of Course Exam
Course Content Example 1:
The Joint Commissions (JC) requires health care organizations to comply with the Life Safety Code®
of the National Fire Protections Associations (NFPA) to help ensure fire safety.
The code specifies construction and operational conditions to minimize fire hazards, and also provides a safety system in case of fire.
In an effort to assess compliance with the Life Safety Code®, the JC created the “Life Safety” chapter, which includes all JC requirements regarding Life Safety Code® compliance.
This course will provide an overview of the JC requirements regarding Life Safety Code® requirements in health care facilities.
Course Content Example 2:
Life Safety Code® (NFPA 101®)
Occupancy types recognized by the JC that must comply with NFPA 101
Health Care Organizations
- Hospitals: general, psychiatric, specialty
- Long term care: nursing and convalescent homes, skilled nursing facilities, intermediate care facilities
Ambulatory Care Occupancy
- Outpatient settings where four or more individuals at any one time are rendered incapable of self-preservation
- Surgical centers seeking accreditation for Medicare/Medicaid certification
- • Instant Certificate Of Completion Printing Upon Successful Completion Of Online Life Safety Training Course
- • Free Retakes on Exam Until You Pass
- • Instant Access: 100% Online - Access 24/7 from Anywhere
- • No Recurring Fees