Bloodborne Pathogens Training
Price Per Person
|$ Call for $|
8 AM - 4 PM MST (M-F)
Faculty: Erin Azuse, RN BSN
This IACET accredited online bloodborne pathogens certification training course is designed for anyone working in a setting where they may be exposed to bloodborne pathogens (BBP) or other potentially infections materials, including nurses, physicians, EMTs, dentists, lab workers, tattoo (body) artists, etc. This course will provide you both CDC AND OSHA bloodborne pathogens standards for handling BBP.
This demo video is a small example of this course’s content, it is not representative of the full course and the level of engagement required.
How to Purchase
To enroll in this course, simply add the number of users you need below and ADD TO CART. Follow the steps for CHECKOUT which will include registering your account.
- Define what are Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP)
- Identify methods of BBP transmission and prevention
- Compare Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV Infection
- Explain the concepts of Universal Precautions and Standard Precautions
- List OSHA's bloodborne pathogens Standard
- Review the purpose of personal protective equipment
- Recall the concepts of work practice and engineering controls
- Explain what to do if he/she is exposed to blood or OPIM
This course is designed for all those who work in a setting where they may be exposed to bloodborne pathogens or other infectious material, including those who work in hospitals, primary care facilities, labs, pharmacies, courier services, body art services, etc.
Table of Contents
Bloodborne Pathogens and Universal Precautions Course
Table of Contents for Bloodborne Pathogens Certification Course:
- BBP and Universal Precautions
- Legal Notice
- Course Objectives
- What is BBP and OPIM?
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- How are BBPs Transmitted?
- OSHA Universal Precautions and OSHA BBP Standards
- CDC Standard Precautions
- Main Elements of Standard Precautions
- CDC’s Transmission-Based Precautions
- OSHA BBP Standard (29 CFR 1910.1030)
- Complete the Training
- Other Requirements of OSHA’s BBP Standard
- End of Course Exam
- Test and receive BBP Certification (certificate of completion)
Instant Certificate Of Completion Printing Upon Successful Completion Of Bloodborne Pathogens Training
Free Retakes on Exam Until You Pass
Instant Access: 100% Online - Access 24/7 from Anywhere
No Recurring Fees
What People Are Saying
"Thank you very much! You guys are the BEST. Such great customer service!" Marlene Schmidt - Medical Assisting Lab Coordinator, Bryant & Stratton College
"All went well. The certifications were accepted by the credentialing organizations without a hitch." Brian K. Wallace Executive Customer Hospital Representative Merck & Co., Inc.