Faculty: Erin Azuse
Successful Completion: Complete entire module, complete the exam with a passing score of 80% or better, and complete the evaluation form.
Estimated Time to Complete Activity: 60 minutes.
CEUs: HIPAA Exams is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program. CEU Information
Free Certification of Completion available instantly for download or printing upon successful completion.
The purpose of this educational, self-study training module is to broaden your knowledge on the current Joint Commission (JC) Safe Care Patient Safety Education Program.
Course includes a video and audio component with stand-alone exam.
- Explain the JC Safe Care Patient Safety Program
- Identify how you can encourage patients and their families to take an active role in their health care
- Discuss why it's important to teach patients and their families how critical it is for them to become more informed about their health care
Table of Contents
Patient and Family Education
Table of Contents:
- Patient and Family Education in the Health Care Setting
- Legal Notice
- Purpose and Learning Objectives
- Course Introduction
- The Safe Care Program
- Safe Care Program Components
- Patient and Family Safety
- Safe and Effective Care
- Joint Commissions 4 Strategies for Healthcare Workers
- Effective Communication
- Your Commitment
- End of Course Exam
Course Content Example 1:
The Joint Commission (JC) developed a new Safe Care program to provide patient education at beside and while receiving care. This program makes important safety information available to patients and their families 24/7 through the use of videos that patients can access on their smart phones or through texting.
One of the reasons the JC developed the Safe Care program was to encourage more patients and their families to become more involved in their own health care. By encouraging this, the JC hopes to stop bad outcomes such as medication mis-up or health care-associated infections.
This course will provide an overview of the JC Safe Care program and discuss how patients and caregivers can join with medical professionals to ensure safe and effective outcomes.
Course Content Example 2:
Safe Care Program
The Safe Care program was developed by the JC to assist health care organizations in educating patients to help prevent medical errors.
The goal of the program is to save lives, prevent harm, and help patients to receive safer care.
"This program gives patients and their families the information they need to speak up and be active participants in their own health care."
Course Content Example 3:
Safe Care - Patients
- Infection prevention is everyone's responsibility
- Education of patients, caregivers, and visitors about what to address when preparing for or receiving medical care can help them to become involved in health care safety.
- Restoration of patients from crisis to better health and improve the quality of their lives
- It is important for health care facilities to reach patients and families with life-saving information and further support medical professionals in helping them prevent the spread of health care-associated infections.
Download Certificate of Completion Immediately
3 Attempts to Pass Your Exam
Instant Access: 100% Online - Access 24/7 from Anywhere
No Recurring Fees