Faculty: Donna L Atherton, RN, MSN, NP and Carol Pierini, MA
Successful Completion: Complete entire module, complete the exam with a passing score of 80% or better, and complete the evaluation form.
Estimated Time to Complete Activity: 60 minutes.
CEUs: HIPAA Exams is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program. CEU Information
Free Certification of Completion available instantly for download or printing upon successful completion.
The purpose of this educational training module is to broaden your understanding of the TJC Provision of Care Standard for abuse and neglect and to ensure you understand the responsibility to report abuse.
Course includes a video and audio component with stand-alone exam.
- List the criteria for identifying victims of abuse and neglect.
- Discuss patient rights to be free from mental, physical, and verbal abuse.
- Explain how to ensure that actual or suspected cases of abuse or neglect are identified and reported to the Social Services Department.
This educational program is designed and developed for Registered Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners and anyone need to adhere to TJC standards.
Table of Contents
Abuse and Neglect:
Table of Contents
- Abuse and Neglect in the Health Care Setting
- Course Purpose and Learning Objectives
- Ethics, Rights, and Responsibility Standard: RI.2.150
- Provision of Care Standard: PC.3.10
- Know the Types of Abuse and Neglect
- Legal Liability to Report Abuse and Neglect
- Recognition of Abuse and Neglect
- Assessment of Abuse or Neglect
- Reporting Abuse or Neglect
- Staff Education: What You Must Know
- End of Course Quiz
Download Certificate of Completion Immediately
3 Attempts to Pass Your Exam
Instant Access: 100% Online - Access 24/7 from Anywhere
No Recurring Fees