- Finish the course in about one hour
- Convenient & thorough compliance training
- 0.2 CEUs available for this module
- Program taught by industry experts
- Easy-to-understand course content
- Course completion within an hour
- Earn 0.1 CEUs upon course completion
- Training conducted by industry experts
- Offers thorough training on essential laws
- Interactive and immersive learning
- Conclude the entire course in just one hour
- In-depth training on informed consent
- 0.1 CEUs awarded for completing course
- Expert-led educational training
- Engaging and educational module
- Achieve course completion within an hour
- Obtain 0.1 CEUs by completing the course
- Expert-led training module
- Designed for your role in mind
- Engaging instructional experience
WHY CHOOSE HIPAA EXAMS?
HIPAA Exams has been the most trusted source in HIPAA compliance since 2008. We are one of the few IACET accredited providers. With over 13 years of experience, HIPAA Exams provides you and your team with IACET accredited courses that are accepted throughout the US. We can help you manage your yearly HIPAA and OSHA requirements. All of this and more is provided at affordable pricing, with unbeatable features like:
What Is HIPAA Compliance Training?
HIPAA compliance training refers to the education, courses, or training programs that teach healthcare professionals, employees, and other relevant individuals about the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 in the U.S.
The primary purpose of this training is to ensure that individuals understand the provisions of HIPAA, especially as they pertain to the privacy and security of patients' protected health information (PHI).
HIPAA compliance training is crucial because the law requires covered entities and their business associates to protect the privacy and security of PHI. Proper training helps reduce the risk of data breaches, unauthorized disclosures, and other potential violations.
Moreover, ensuring that staff understands and follows HIPAA regulations can avoid potential financial penalties and reputational damage that might result from non-compliance.
How Often Is HIPAA Compliance Training Required?
Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations, there isn't a specific frequency mandated for retraining or recurrent training for all covered entities and business associates.
However, while HIPAA regulations themselves do not set a particular timeframe for ongoing training, best practices within the healthcare industry recommend that refreshers should be conducted annually to reinforce the requirement of complying with HIPAA Rules.
What Is the Difference Between HIPAA-Certified and HIPAA-Compliant?
Being "HIPAA compliant" means that an organization or individual is adhering to the requirements set forth by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). This encompasses the Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Rules, which dictate how protected health information (PHI) should be used, disclosed, and secured.
"HIPAA certified" implies that an individual or organization has undergone a specific training or certification program related to HIPAA. The completion of such a program might result in a certification indicating that the participant has been educated on HIPAA regulations.
In simpler terms, HIPAA compliance is an internal procedure, and non-compliance can lead to fines and penalties. Meanwhile, HIPAA certifications are generally obtained from third-party experts or organizations and prove the participant has completed a HIPAA training program.