Faculty: Donna L Atherton RN, MSN, NP and Carol Pierini MA
Successful Completion: Complete entire module, complete the exam with a passing score of 80% or better, and complete the evaluation form
Estimated Time to Complete Activity: 60 minutes
CEUs: HIPAA Exams is authorized by IACET to offer 0.10 CEUs for this program. CEU Information
Broaden your understanding of advance directives and your responsibility to become familiar with a patient’s advance directives.
Course includes a video and audio component with stand-alone exam
- Explain the definition of advance directives and what they include.
- Review your responsibility to be familiar with a patient’s advance directives.
- Determine the detailed policies on advance directive.
- Describe how a patient is aware of his or her rights, and decisions patients have the right to make.
Advanced Health Care Directives
Table of Contents:
- Advanced Health Care Directives
- Legal Notice
- Purpose and Learning Objectives
- Healthcare Advanced Directives
- Definition of Advanced Directives
- Types of Health Care Advanced Directives
- Patient Self-Determination Act
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) and Joint Commission (TJC) Regulatory Requirements for Health Care Providers
- Additional Requirements for Health Care Providers
- End of Course Quiz
Course Content Example 1:
Types of Health Care Advanced Directives
Health Care Advanced Directives may include any of the following:
- Living Wills
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Do-Not-Resuscitate (DNR)
- Right-to-die documents
- Similar documents listed in the Patient Self-Determination Act (PSDA) that expresses a person’s preferences
Course Content Example 2:
CMS and JC Regulatory Requirements for Health Care Providers
Health care providers (hospitals, critical access hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, nursing facilities, home health agencies, providers of home health care, hospices) are required to:
- Make themselves familiar with a patient’s advance directives
- Have detailed policies on advanced directives that fall in line with state and federal laws and regulations.
- The hospital’s declaration that it will comply with advanced directives
- Statement that it will honor advanced directives in the outpatient setting
- • Instant Certificate Of Completion Printing Upon Successful Completion Of Online Advanced Health Care Directives Training Course
- • Free Retakes on Exam Until You Pass
- • Instant Access: 100% Online - Access 24/7 from Anywhere
- • No Recurring Fees