Faculty: Donna L Atherton RN, MSN, NP and Carol Pierini MA
Successful Completion: Complete entire module, complete the exam with a passing score of 80% or better, and complete the evaluation form
Estimated Time to Complete Activity: 60 minutes
CEUs: HIPAA Exams is authorized by IACET to offer 0.10 CEUs for this program. CEU Information
Broaden your knowledge of hazardous materials to enable you to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and handle hazards in order to take appropriate protective measures.
Course includes a video and audio component with stand-alone exam
- Identify where hazardous materials might be encountered in the workplace.
- Explain the risk of handling hazardous materials (HazMat).
- Discuss what should be done in an emergency involving hazardous materials and how to take protective measures.
Commonly referred to as: Chemical Hazards in the Healthcare Environment
Handling Hazardous Materials
Table of Contents:
- Hazardous Materials
- Legal Notice
- Purpose and Learning Objectives
- Hazardous Materials
- Hazardous Material Determination
- Hazardous Materials in the Workplace
- Handling Hazardous Materials
- End of Course Quiz
Course Content Example 1:
Hazardous Material Determination
The OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) ensures safety in the workplace by providing clear, understandable information about the identities and hazards of chemicals found in the workplace.
- Hazard Classification: specific criteria for classification of health and physical hazards and classification of mixtures
- Labels: chemical manufactures must provide a label that includes a harmonized signal word, pictogram, and hazard statement for each hazard class and category
- Safety data sheets: must have a 16-section format
- Information and training: employers must train employees on new label elements and SDS format to facilitate recognition and understanding
Course Content Example 2:
Hazardous Materials in the Workplace
Common hazardous materials in the healthcare facilities are:
- Cleaning and laboratory chemicals
- Sterilant and disinfectants
- Regulated medical waste
- • Instant Certificate Of Completion Printing Upon Successful Completion Of Online Handling Hazardous Materials Training Course
- • Free Retakes on Exam Until You Pass
- • Instant Access: 100% Online - Access 24/7 from Anywhere
- • No Recurring Fees