Faculty: Becca Kalivas, RN BSN
Successful Completion: Complete entire module, complete the exam with a passing score of 80% or better, and complete the evaluation form.
Estimated Time to Complete Activity: 60 minutes.
CEUs: HIPAA Exams is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program. CEU Information
Free Certification of Completion available instantly for download or printing upon successful completion.
Individuals who work for medical technology, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical companies are likely to have interactions with Health Care Professionals. It is important that these interactions are ethically sound and don’t stray from their primary purpose- sharing information in order to improve patient care. This led to the development of the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals and the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. This course will provide an overview of both codes, so that individuals who work in these industries will be aware how to properly carry out their role.
Course includes a video and audio component with stand-alone exam.
How to Purchase
To enroll in this course, simply add the number of users you need below and ADD TO CART. Follow the steps for CHECKOUT which will include registering your account.
- Identify what are appropriate interactions between Health Care Professionals and Medical Technology Representatives and Pharmaceutical Company Representatives
- Note some of the key differences between the AdvaMed and PhRMA Code
- Explain how to apply these provisions into his/her daily job functions
Health Care Professionals and Medical Technology Representatives and Pharmaceutical Company Representatives
Table of Contents
AdvaMed and PhRMA Code
Table of Contents:
- AdvaMed and PhRMA Code
- Legal Notice
- Purpose of Course
- Course Objectives
- Introduction to the AdvaMed and PhRMA Code
- AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals
- Code of Ethics Compliance
- Company-Conducted Product Training and Education
- Supporting Third-Party Educational Conferences
- Sales, Promotional and Other Business Meetings
- Consulting Arrangements with Health Care Professionals
- Prohibition on Entertainment and Recreation
- Modest Meals Associates with Health Care Professional Business Interactions
- Educational Items/Prohibition on Gifts
- Provision of Coverage, Reimbursement and Health Economic Information
- Research and Educational Grants and Charitable Donations
- Evaluation and Demonstration Products
- PhRMA Code on Interactions with Health Care Professionals
- Informational Presentations by Pharmaceutical Company Representatives
- Prohibition on Recreation and Entertainment
- Pharmaceutical Company Support for Continuing Medical Education
- Pharmaceutical Company Support for Third-Party Educational or Professional Meetings
- Speaker Programs and Speaker Training Meetings
- Healthcare Professionals Who are Members of Committees that Set Formularies or Develop Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Scholarship and Educational Funds
- Prohibition of Non-Educational and Practice-Related Items
- Educational Items
- Prescriber Data
- Independence and Decision Making
- Training and Conduct of Company Representatives
- Adherence to Code
- End of Course Quiz
Instant Certificate Of Completion Printing Upon Successful Completion Of AdvaMed and PhRMA Code
Free Retakes on Exam Until You Pass
Instant Access: 100% Online - Access 24/7 from Anywhere
No Recurring Fees
Train Anywhere, Anytime
Courses can be accessed from any internet device at anytime.